Hi, I’m Kylie Brooks. I’m a Black non-binary trans woman. I go by any of these: Kylie or Cassandra (she/her pronouns) / Jesse or Cass (they/them pronouns).
What I do
- Will be third semester student at Humber College in the Computer Programmer program
- Program Assistant at Hands ON ASL! from September 2015 to present
- On the Prisoner Correspondence Project Toronto Collective
- On the Ace Toronto Collective
- On the interim ORAD board until ORAD’s Annual General Meeting – focusing on ORAD events, mainly the ORAD monthly social
- Booking Assistant/Outreach at Deaf Spectrun
- Online social justice activist dismantling oppression, focusing on anti-black racism, economic oppression under capitalism, transmisogyny, amatonormativity, ableism (especially anti-autistic and anti-nonambulatory ableism) and audism-phonocentrism.
Who I am
- Aspiring computer programmer. Previous knowledge of Python.
- Disabled – ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), CP (cerebral palsy), Autism, Deaf
- Somewhere on the asexual and aromantic spectrums. Romantically attracted mainly to fellow Black Disabled women/nonbinary femmes.
- Black non-binary trans woman
- Black settler living on stolen Mississauga New Credit land